Globally, labour welfare has been one of the major aspects of any country’s national program towards bettering the labour force and creating a balanced work environment. But the existing welfare schemes for the unorganized sector are widely scattered and fragmented. Workers are generally poor, illiterate and unaware about their rights. They are weak in negotiating with the employer for employment and wages. Furthermore, in many developing economies, labour market institutions such as worker and employer organizations are weak, thus hampering the development and use of mechanisms to feed information and analysis into decision-making. These issues lead to formulation of ineffective policies and inadequate monitoring, hindering efforts to achieve labour development objectives set by a government.
The identification of issues pertaining to the labour market, critically rests on the availability of data, information and analysis. This data is fundamental for framing employment and labour policies, and reform the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies that are better focused and targeted.
The system is equipped with the following components:
- Labour Registration: Manage registration details of workers under various schemes. Includes general information, worker category, previous employment history, bank information, nominee details
- Scheme Configuration: Configure, add, edit, delete or search for various schemes enabled with a filter for sorting required schemes from the list of schemes.
- Workflow Configuration: This module is used for configuration of the approval levels & workflows for different schemes.
- Applying Scheme: This is used for tagging the applicant to a particular scheme from the list of current schemes. This is subject to approvals by authorities configured as per the workflow.
- Notification: If rejected, the application is reverted back to the user. If approved, the system gives an alert message that the application is approved successfully.
- Generation of Sanction Order: On approval of the schemes being tagged with the application nos. of the registered workers, Sanction Order is generated for each applicant.
- Online Worker Payment: Post generation of sanction no., the requisite amount is paid to the respective workers. Status of payment details can be viewed by entering the application no. in this module.
- Renewal of Subscription: The user has the privilege to renew old subscription by paying a definite subscription amount. The scheme registered is valid only for a few years after which the same needs to be renewed in order to avail all the scheme benefits.
- News, Events, Notices & Tenders: Here in this section, the user can add the details of daily news updates, events, important notices and tenders which can be published in the website.
- MIS Reports: Category- wise worker report, scheme wise disbursement, worker registration, educational qualification, nature of work and renewal reports can be generated.
The Labour Welfare System facilitates the users from various levels of administrative units such as block, district and state offices for better monitoring of the scheme management and tracking of payment process.